Kinston Criminal Defense Attorneys
Experienced and Assertive Advocates for Criminal Defense
Facing criminal charges, even at the lowest misdemeanor level, can be an unsettling experience that can harm your reputation. If you're unfamiliar with North Carolina's criminal justice system, it may also appear confusing and intimidating. At Strickland Agner Pittman, our Kinston criminal defense attorneys possess the skill, experience, and empathy to guide you through this challenging period in your life.
We comprehend the significance of your situation for both you and your family, and we are committed to fiercely safeguarding your rights at every stage of your case, striving for the best possible outcome. We promptly return your calls, address your inquiries, and take the time to keep you informed and explain the progress of your case. We recognize the importance of communication and providing knowledge about the intricacies of the criminal system.
You can rely on Strickland Agner Pittman for transparency and candor throughout the entire process. We pay close attention to your needs and concerns, ensuring that you work with not just one attorney, but an entire legal team dedicated to achieving the optimal result for you.
Schedule an initial consultation with our Kinston criminal attorneys today to commence the process.
TYPES OF CRIMINAL CASES WE HANDLE
At Strickland Agner Pittman, our legal team possesses extensive experience in criminal defense and is equipped to handle a diverse range of cases in Kinston. Some of the cases we handle include:
- Traffic offenses (e.g., speeding, reckless driving, disregarding road signs)
- DWI crimes
- Alcohol offenses (e.g., underage drinking, public intoxication)
- Drug crimes (e.g., possession, sale, delivery, manufacturing)
- Theft crimes
- Property crimes
- Burglary, breaking or entering, trespassing, and arson
- Gun and weapons offenses
- Hunting, fishing, and boating offenses
- Violent crimes (e.g., assault and battery, domestic violence, murder, death-by-vehicle)
- Sex crimes
- White collar and financial crimes
- Probation violations
- Expungement of past offenses
Strickland Agner Pittman is prepared to represent individuals facing criminal accusations. We also assist families whose child is facing juvenile delinquency.
What to Do If You've Been Arrested?
It is crucial to collaborate with a seasoned lawyer who understands how to navigate North Carolina's criminal justice system and who will provide you with the dedicated and personalized attention you deserve. If you have been arrested, there are two essential rights you should assert immediately:
- The right to remain silent.
- The right to retain legal counsel.
If you have been stopped or arrested for a crime, it is vital that you exercise these rights and request to speak with a lawyer before answering any incriminating questions from law enforcement.
The path to reclaiming your freedom begins with an initial consultation. A criminal lawyer from our firm will evaluate the details of your case, explain each step of the legal process, and outline how our services will be tailored to meet your specific needs.
Contact our firm today to initiate the consultation process.
At Strickland Agner Pittman, we possess extensive combined experience representing clients in both state and federal courts throughout North Carolina. Our services cover District and Superior Courts in Wayne, Wilson, Greene, Lenoir, Duplin, Jones, and Sampson counties. We offer a diverse range of legal assistance, including:
- Police and Prosecutor Questioning - We provide guidance and ensure the protection of your rights during police or prosecutor questioning.
- Bond Hearings - We strive to secure a reasonable bond that allows you to remain with your loved ones, continue working, and navigate your case while it is pending.
- Investigation and Discovery - We meticulously examine the evidence planned for use against you by state or federal prosecutors. Additionally, we conduct our own independent investigation into your case.
- Pre-Trial Motions - Before your trial commences, we file motions seeking to suppress evidence obtained unlawfully or that could unfairly prejudice you.
- Plea Negotiations - Our team engages in negotiations with prosecutors to pursue a plea agreement that minimizes the severity of your punishment and reduces the impact of a conviction on your life.
- Trial Representation - Should your case proceed to trial, our skilled Kinston criminal defense attorneys provide effective representation by implementing a strong defense strategy and challenging the prosecution's evidence.
- Sentencing Advocacy - In the event of a conviction, we advocate on your behalf during the sentencing phase, presenting compelling evidence and arguing for the most lenient sentence possible.
- Post-Conviction Relief - We assist you in pursuing motions for appropriate relief (MAR) or appeals to the Court of Appeals or Supreme Court to explore avenues for post-conviction relief.
To learn more about how we can assist you, we invite you to schedule an initial consultation.