If you have been charged with any crime – even the lowest-level misdemeanor – then you know how scary and embarrassing it can be. If you have never dealt with the North Carolina criminal justice system before, then you may realize by now that it can also be very confusing and intimidating.
At Strickland, Agner & Associates, we have the skill, experience and compassion to help you to get through this difficult time in your life. Our criminal defense lawyers know what is at stake for you and your family. We will vigorously protect your rights at every stage of your case and seek the best possible outcome.
Above all, we will return your calls, answer your questions and take the time to update you and explain what is happening in your case. We truly understand the value of communication.
We have extensive criminal defense experience and the ability to handle a wide range of cases in Goldsboro and surrounding areas, from traffic tickets to high-level felony charges. Don’t wait to get legal help. Contact us today.
Criminal Cases Our Law Firm Handles
As a person who has been charged with a criminal offense in North Carolina, you should know that you could be facing serious consequences, including:
- Seizure of your property
- Loss of your driver’s license and other privileges
- Fines and court costs
- Community service
- Mandatory counseling
- Incarceration in the county jail or state prison system
- Long-term or lifetime monitoring or registration requirements.
The potential punishment you face if convicted will depend on whether you have been charged with an infraction, misdemeanor or felony as well as other factors, including your criminal record.
Of course, a conviction of any offense could also cause you to lose your job and future work opportunities and carry a host of other collateral consequences.
This is why it is important to work with a lawyer who knows how to navigate North Carolina’s criminal justice system and will give you the serious, highly personalized attention you deserve.
At Strickland, Agner & Associates, we can help if you have been charged with:
- Traffic offenses
Speeding, reckless driving, failing to obey traffic signals, improper equipment and driving with a revoked license
Driving while impaired by drugs or alcohol, zero-tolerance (underage drinking and driving) and implied consent/refusal offenses
- Alcohol crimes
Underage drinking, public intoxication and open-container law violations
- Drug crimes
Possession, sale, delivery or manufacture of controlled substances such as marijuana, cocaine, heroin (or opioids such as Vicodin), ecstasy and crystal meth
- Theft crimes
Shoplifting, larceny, robbery and embezzlement
- Property crimes
Burglary, breaking or entering, trespassing, injury to property, arson and burning offenses
- Gun crimes
Possession of a firearm by a felon and carrying a concealed weapon
- Hunting, fishing and boating offenses
Improper equipment, hunting or fishing on registered property without a permit and hunting, trapping, fishing or boating without a license
- Violent crimes
Assault, domestic violence, kidnapping and homicide
- Sex crimes
Forcible or statutory rape, sexual offenses, indecent liberties, sexual battery, solicitation, failure to register as a sex offender or satellite-based monitoring
- White collar / financial
Fraud, tax evasion, insider trading, racketeering, cybercrimes and money laundering.
Our law firm can assist if you are facing a probation violation or seeking the expungement of a past offense. We also work with families who have a child who is facing juvenile delinquency charges.
How A Criminal Lawyer Can Help You
Strickland, Agner & Associates serves our criminal defense clients with decades of combined experience in state and federal courts in North Carolina, including District and Superior Courts in Wayne, Johnston, Wilson, Greene, Lenoir, Duplin and Sampson counties.
We can provide a wide array of services to you, including:
- Questioning – We can advise you and make sure your rights are protected if you are questioned by police or prosecutors.
- Bond hearings – We can seek a reasonable bond that will allow you to continue to be with your family and friends and continue to work while your case is pending.
- Investigation and discovery – Using the discovery process, we can review the evidence which state or federal prosecutors plan to use against you, and we can conduct our own independent investigation of your case.
- Pre-trial motions – We can file motions before your case comes to trial that seek to suppress evidence which was obtained in violation of your rights or would unfairly prejudice you.
- Plea negotiations – Based on our review of the evidence in your case, we can negotiate with prosecutors and work towards a plea agreement that would minimize the punishment you are facing and the impact of a conviction on your life.
- Trial – If your case goes to trial, our experienced attorneys can skillfully represent you by executing a sound defense strategy and challenging the prosecution’s evidence.
- Sentencing – If you are convicted of a crime, we can present evidence on your behalf and argue for the most lenient sentence possible.
- Post-conviction relief – Our law firm can help you with pursuing a motion for appropriate relief (MAR) or with appeals to the Court of Appeals or Supreme Court.
You can count on Strickland, Agner & Associates to be open and honest with you at every stage. We will pay close attention to your needs and your concerns. You will not be working with just one attorney but an entire legal team that will strive for the best result for you.
Contact Our Goldsboro Criminal Defense Attorneys Today
A criminal charge of any kind must be taken seriously. The outcome of your case can have a lasting effect on the rest of your life. We understand the importance of your case, and we will devote the full extent of our firm’s skill, experience and resources to serving you.
It starts with the initial consultation. A criminal lawyer will review the facts of your case, explain each step of the process and discuss how our services will be tailored to your needs.
We help those who are facing criminal charges in Goldsboro and surrounding areas. Simply reach us today by phone or online to get started on your defense.